|Flooded fields at Genesis Growers|
This while our farming friends on the West coast are suffering from drought.
This season, for one of my favorite farms at the Oak Park Farmers' Market, rain has been a particular foe.
Vicki Westerhoff and her daughter Angela at St. Anne-based Genesis Growers have managed to make it to Oak Park's market when possible this season, though I've learned recently that they've had to miss out on their regular Green City Market since mid-June.
They'll be at the Oak Park market on Saturday and I urge you to shop at their stand to support their farm (and because their produce is top notch).
And don't miss the Aug. 30 fundraiser aimed at providing some relief to the farm.
For $125 a seat, you can enjoy local food and drink prepared by 10 chefs who serve Genesis produce on their menus:
- Paul Virant, Dan Compton & Angelyne Canicosa - Vie
- Ashlee Aubin - Salero & Wood
- Chrissy Camba - Maddy's Dumpling House
- Paul Fehribach - Big Jones
- Mark Mendez - Vera
- Marcus Rasmussen & David Chapman - Perennial Virant
- Patrick Sheerin - Trenchermen
- Erling Wu-Bower - Nico Osteria & Avec
I hope to see you there supporting Genesis!