I can get behind every point...but was especially excited to see this under point No. 1:
We also need your leadership in developing a plan to get affordable high-speed internet service to every rural business and home. It’s essential to entrepreneurship.The CFRA notes this in support of its high-speed Internet position:
The federal government stepped in to provide rural America access to mail, phone and electrical service so we could truly be part of America. In the 21st century, high-speed internet service is just as essential. Bring in the best experts to help you select the most promising approach among an array of emerging technologies. Money won’t solve the problem if you don’t have the right strategy.VFG agrees 100% (and not just because I want more blog readers) and will sign the letter here.
The other points are detailed in the letter, but here's a heading list:
1. Support grassroots entrepreneurship
2. Ensure that renewable energy builds wealth and opportunity in rural America
3. Make federal policy work for family-size farms
4. Embrace land and water stewardship and use it to create economic opportunity
5. Harness the power of research to create a better rural future
I encourage you to read the letter and sign on too, even if you're an urbanite. A successful urban America depends on a successful rural America.