Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Juice King

The No. 1 item on our shopping list is a bag of oranges, thanks to this handy kitchen gadget passed on from my aunt this weekend.

She'd read on my blog about my son's interest in making juice and took pity on him having to use his body weight to press oranges on our glass juicer.

To his delight (and mine), she gave him this vintage Juice King juicer from my Great Grandma Neher's kitchen. This Chicago-made die cast juicer, from the '50s maybe, works like a charm.

My son quickly used up all the oranges in the house and talked me out of my grapefruit breakfast so he could squeeze enough for everyone to have a sip.

I'm seeing lots of fresh-squeezed orange juice in my future.

No comments:

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
Virtual Farmgirl content (unless otherwise noted) at Virtual Farmgirl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at virtual-farmgirl.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available here.