|Sim calls this a 'Farmgirl car wash.'|
Shortest visit ever.
We were only there about three hours to drop the kids off for their spring break, rural adventure.
Yet, even with a limited visit, we still managed to:
- Hunt for arrowheads (and find a scraper and drill part)
- Play with newborn goats (seriously, the most adorable creatures ever)
- Pick asparagus (well, at least watch asparagus being picked)
- Dig up some volunteer garlic and see beautiful white flowers on rows of strawberry plants
- Smell the difference between spearmint (refreshing), bees balm (soothing) & horse weed, which looks like mint (ick)
- Deliver Girl Scout cookies and chat with a friendly neighbor
- Check out an abandoned property
- Welcome mushroom hunters onto the property
- Visit with family friends who dropped in for a Sunday visit
Whew. No wonder it feels like we were there the whole day! Only we managed to get away without having to weed, mend/construct a fence or clean.
Next time...when we get to stay the night.